Friday, 29 July 2011

Friday Fun

Day off work today so decided to have some fun with my Stampin' Up! supplies.

I'd seen this effect on cards before and had thought it must be white embossing powder on coloured card but actually its a brayer and embossing folder technique (Thanks to Monica for the instructions) on whisper white. I love how crisp the Elegant Bouquet looks in white against the perfect plum.

I added a Sentiment from the Something to Celebrate Hostess set on to a die cut tag edged with perfect plum and finished off with a bit of ribbon for a touch of texture.


I don't have any perfect plum designer paper at the moment (terrible oversight I know) so I used some of my stash of retired designer series paper to make a non-matching gift bag :) (thanks to the instructions on Angela's blog) to hold some Stampin' Up! goodies for my friend Margaret's birthday. This time the sentiment is from the Afterthoughts Hostess set stamped onto a decorative label punch out layered onto a sizzix circle and a eyelet border punched strap.

If your interested in any of the products used or would like to learn these techniques yourself feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment