Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Playing with leftovers and new supplies

After making all my baby tees cards I had lots of strips of certainly celery cardstock left from punching the scalloped borders.

Being a frugal crafter (some of the time) I was sure there was something I could do with them and having a play tonight made a woven effect background.

It was a bit fiddly and time consuming to keep it together but with the help of some sticky strip I got there.

My 2nd parcel of bits from the new catalogue also arrived yesterday so using a colour combination from the new Colour Coach - I started with my Certainly Celery woven background and I added -












Some Pink Pirouette cardstock punched with the Bird two step punch stamped with the medallion from the New Artistic Etchings set in Soft Suede Ink. I got this set in clear mount and it makes it really easy to see where you want to stamp your image.

I punched the wing and branch out of double sided design paper from the Love Stories Simply Scrappin kit as it had both the green and pink colours I wanted.

I layered the bird onto the woven patch and secured it with sticky strip onto Crumb Cake
carstock stamped with the Friendly background stamp in wild wasabi and then added Thanks from the Thank You Kindly set. The card and bird were also edged in Soft Suede.

I really like the look of this card so look out for more colour combinations from my colour coach in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment